As part of the Dr John Demartini Prophecy workshop I’m currently in, we had to go out into the general public yesterday and ask a stranger two questions.
- What are 10 things to do in life?
- What are 10 things not to do in life.
I chose Rose who was a lovely young lady sitting in a bookshop café in Milson’s Point and after explaining the exercise, she sipped her tea and came up with these answers.
10 Things to do in Life
- Finish High School
- Be kind to people
- Avoid getting trapped in what people think you should do
- Work out what you want to do and find a way to do it
- Have outrageously big goals and aim to achieve them
- Keep reminding yourself you’re younger than you are and you have many options
- Learn another language so you can see a different world
- Read a lot
- Take your friends’ feelings and dreams seriously
- Learn to love swimming.
10 Things not to do in life
- Don’t make decisions which lock you in if you’re not sure
- Don’t lose touch with your family
- Don’t let old issues get in the way of your life
- Don’t stay with someone just because you’ve always been together
- Don’t ever cry in work related meetings, Ever!
- Don’t smoke
- Don’t take your health for granted
- Don’t worry about things which might happen
- Don’t stay angry about things
- Don’t be rude to people who work in retail.
I’m not sure how old Rose was, but she was probably around 20.
What great lessons from a lovely flower of a wise person.